Entertaining sig lines from the Arch Linux forums
Arch Linux is a Linux distribution for computer
literates. Its forum also features the most funny and intelligent signature
lines I have seen anywhere. Here are some samples, credited to the appropriate
- Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.
- "We are all just lazy. Clearly, any developer or AUR maintainer that does not have an update 42 femtoseconds after an announcement on the Intertubes of an upstream change is in wanton disregard of the critical needs of the users of libre software." ewaller
- Never argue with stupid people,They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.--Mark Twain
- "There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."-- C.A.R. Hoare
- I haven't lost my mind; I have a tape back-up somewhere.
- Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.
- You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
- "The future has already arrived. It's just not evenly distributed yet." - William Gibson
- They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.
- To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass if half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
- "I've never let my school interfere with my education" - Mark Twain
- Unix is user-friendly. It just isn't promiscuous about which users it's friendly with. - Steven King
- "All errors are PEBKAC errors-It's just a matter of narrowing down which keyboard and chair." -Trilby
- There are two types of people in this world - those who can count to 10 by using their fingers, and those who can count to 1023.
- "The problem with quotes from the internet is it is hard to verify their authenticity." -- Abraham Lincoln
- DSFR: Do Some Frickin' Research
- Time flies like the wind,
Fruit flies like bananas.
The one with the users marked "(unknown)" is a sig line I remember but could
not find again. The other user names are real, including those containing
TOS / Impressum